Attention Dog, Cat, and Ferret owners!!
NY State Public Health Rabies Law requires all dogs, cats, and domesticated ferrets to receive immunization against rabies no later than four months of age. You must pre-register for the following Chenango County Rabies Clinics:
- Saturday, Oct. 14-Sherburne Bus Garage 9-10:30am
- Wednesday, Nov.14-North Norwich Town Garage 5-6:30 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 9-South New Berlin Fire Station 9-10:30am
When attending a rabies clinic, pets must be under control. Dogs must be on a leash. Cats and ferrets must be contained in a box, crate, pillowcase, or other container Animal vaccinated for the first time must be re-vaccinated the following year. Please bring previous vaccination records to qualify your pet for 3 year certificate.
- Pets must be pre-registered for the clinic. To register go to http://health.ny.gov/go2clinic
- If you have difficulty registering online, please call the Chenango County Environmental Health offices at (607)337-1673
- The clinic will be drive through for checking in, but the animals will need to be removed from the vehicle to recieve the vaccination. Please limit passengers to only those necessary to control the animal(s) (Children should be left home if possible).
- Please bring proof of previous vaccinations with you.
- A $5.00 donation per animal is suggested.